Monday, June 20, 2022

Updates on the Tokyo Stroll supplement.


I've added additional entries to most of the Tokyo Stroll Supplement pages related to specific chapters in the book. This started out when I decided to add the Yayoiken Asakusa Tawaramachi restaurant to the Asakusa page. Friends and I are planning a trip for the spring of 2023 and that Yayoiken location shall be our designated meeting place for breakfast so I wanted it to be bookmarked in MapsMe. Then I decided to add the other restaurants of this chain that fit on other supplement pages for the book chapters.

This  work resulted in the creation of two new pages one for Nihonbashi North and the other for Ueno.

Working on those additions led to me evaluate the look of the pages and I decided to alter the layout to make it easier to scan them. This is nothing dramatic just changing some of the paragraph structure and adding horizontal lines between entries. I think it is much easier on the eye than before. I also included a note after the title of each item entry indicating where it is in relation to the detail maps of that chapter.

Now to continue adding to the pages in anticipation of Tokyo Stroll being released in August.


EDIT:
I just added two more pages. One for the Meguro Station Area, the other for Shibamata.

No comments: