Saturday, August 1, 2009

Male geisha, festive curtain, future Buddha

This week I'm happy to finally have an entry on male geisha, it took until recently for an anime to come out in the US with a reference to them. However now that I've written the entry I'll go back and re-check Saber Marionette as I realize it may have one in it. I now also have an entry on something you see in many titles, red and white curtains at festive events. Then continuing the adding of religiously related entries I have one on Miroku, commonly known as Maitreya in the West.

hōkan (male geisha) 幇間

kō-haku-no-manmaku (red and white curtain) 紅白の幔幕

Miroku (Maitreya) 弥勒

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

male geisha, it took until recently for an anime to come out

b-DOOM-TISH! ;-)

Let me know what you come up with for otoko geisha in SMJ. It's been years since I saw the anime, but I don't remember one being in there. (tho Hanagata comes close...)

DSWBT

Gilles Poitras said...

Definitely not Hanagata, he's the rich boy. I'm thinking of his clownish lacky.