Sunday, June 28, 2009

Ghost, Bodhisattva and fermented

This week I have two religious related entries and a food.

The Kongoyasya one was fun to do. I was staying home with the flu and watching my VHS tape of Sanctuary when i got curious about Tokai's tattoo. So I also dug out my copy of the manga and compared the two. Then I started looking to see if it was based on a real diety. Just as I was starting to decide that it was made up I found an image of Kongoyasya in one of my books. I wonder how many other large tattoos in anime and manga have meanings behind them? This is not the first that has shown up, so I'll keep my eye out for more.

Gaki I had been meaning to do for some time and shiokara is unusual enough a food that I could not resist adding it.

I have also added a new category to the index for fermented foods.

gaki (hungry ghost) 餓鬼

Kongoyasya 金剛や者

shiokara 塩辛

No comments: