Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Megazone 23 liner notes

One of the projects I have worked on recently and forgot to mention here is that I did the liner notes for the forthcoming Blu-ray release of Megazone 23 from AninEigo. It took six viewings of the series, adding to my notes each time, a pile of image captures for my reference, digging through my books, and searching online magazine databases to gather everything I could find. I covered as much as I could, got led down some fun rabbit holes tracking down the significance of text on clothing which even led to contacting folks in the Japanese rockabilly scene. There are 89 entries and I'm sure there are things in the show I missed.

The Blu-ray should be out early next year. It is still possible to pre-order copies.

Megazone 23 Omega Edition

No comments: