Monday, October 25, 2010

The Burned and the Aroused

I was going to add a new yōkai entry, however I have found out about a couple of books published overseas that could be useful for writing such entries. So I am holding off until they arrive to post more.

However fans of Moyashimon and Spirited Away will gain a little knowledge in this week's entries.

And they are:

imori no kuroyaki (charred newt) 井守の黒焼

kuroyaki (charred plants & animals) 黒焼

I did buy a few books this week, I picked up volume 6 of the Lucky Star manga and for the non-fiction side Art of Edo Japan: The Artist and the City 1615-1868 and the first two volumes of Electric Railways of Japan: Interurbans - Tramways - Metros.

Oh yes the two books related to yōkai I mentioned?

They are:

The Great Yokai Encyclopaedia and Mythical Beasts of Japan. I'll post more about them when they arrive.

No comments: