Monday, March 24, 2008

Been shopping

Took a break today and headed into downtown Berkeley.

The new Cody's Books has opened on Shattuck and while I was there I picked up a copy of:

Cavaye, Ronald; Paul Griffith, and Akihiko Senda
A Guide to the Japanese Stage: From Traditional to Cutting Edge

I figured a survey book would be too general for me. A quick glance proved me wrong this little book is dense with interesting information.

Afterwards I wandered to Anime V where I picked up 5 Centimeters Per Second.

Then a quick jog over to The Other Change of Hobbit to get a book I had on hold, The Best of Xero. It is a gift for an animator I know in Japan and I'll get the authors to inscribe it for him.

Then on to Comic Relief , just cause I was in the neighborhood. From there I caught the bus back home.

It is so nice to have so many cool stores in one neighborhood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How's 5 cm per sec? The preview I saw made it look incredibly depressing, all about the frailty of human emotions. Maybe you could blog a review.

Also, it's by the same guy who did Hoshi no Koe, n'est pas?

DSWBT

Gilles Poitras said...

Have not seen it yet, too many deadlines and I'll probably wait for the weekend when Im rested to enjoy it.

Yep made by Shinkai Makoto.